Duration: 90 mins (30 mins for preparation and 60 mins for cooking);
Cooking method: Baking;
Servings: 8 X 450g.
- 500g sweet peppers (4RON);
- 1kg tomatoes (6RON);
- 200g onions (negligible price);
- 30g garlic (negligible price);
- 500g mozzarella cheese (15RON);
- 500g cream cheese (8RON);
- 500g whole-wheat penne (5RON);
- 750g canned or fresh mushrooms (5RON);
- 40g extra-virgin olive oil( negligible price);
- 1/2tsp dried oregano (negligible price);
- 1/2tsp dried basil (negligible price);
- 1-2 bay leaves (negligible price);
- salt by taste (negligible price);
- pepper by taste (negligible price).
- Unpeel and rinse the onions, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, and peppers;
- Using a food processor, mash the tomatoes, peppers, garlic, and tomatoes;
- In a bowl, add the mixture, along with the (chopped or slice) mushrooms, olive oil, and spices and boil at low heat for 5-10 minutes;
- Stop the heat and add the cream cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, and penne, and mix everything;
- Add the mixture to a baking pan lined with parchment paper (not necessary if you have a ceramic baking pan) and bake for 45-60 minutes at 180°C (356°F).
- Calories: 629kcal;
- Protein: 37g;
- Fat: 24.25g;
- Trans fat: 0.03g;
- Carbohydrates: 74.65g;
- Fiber: 12.74g;
- Sugars: 15.03g.
- Histidine: 0.45g;
- Isoleucine: 0.91g;
- Leucine: 1.54g;
- Lysine: 1.02g;
- Methionine: 0.4g;
- Phenylalanine: 0.85g;
- Threonine: 0.8g;
- Tryptophan: 0.35g.
- Vitamin A: 252.87ug;
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): 0.39mg;
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 0.54mg;
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 6.15mg;
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid): 1.3mg;
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine): 0.53mg;
- Vitamin B9 (Folate): 91.02ug;
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin): 1.34ug;
- Choline: 32.82mg;
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid): 122.48mg;
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol): 0.07ug;
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol): 2.46mg;
- Vitamin K: 23.84ug.
- Calcium: 384.32mg;
- Copper: 0.62mg;
- Iron: 5.15mg;
- Magnesium: 117.04mg;
- Manganese: 1.99mg;
- Phosphorus: 505.11mg;
- Potassium: 876.88mg;
- Selenium: 60.69ug;
- Sodium: 1219mg;
- Zinc: 3.96mg.
- alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA Omega-3): 0.27g;
- Linoleic acid (LA Omega-6): 1.46g.
The nutrition facts are only estimations based on USDA Food Composition Databases and are for information purposes only. They do not fit into real life, because nutrient contents vary by food source, food storage, food growth, food preparation, and bioavailability.
Enjoyed this article?
Share it with your friends on social media! It would mean so much to me.
Have something in mind?
Leave a comment and I will reply as soon as possible. Don't be an asshole, by the way!